Afraid and hopeful


Several friends remain unheard from
Several stranded voices underneath blankets
Several dreams locked away
Beautiful as this world could have been

Hunger and survival
Clouded with shards of politics
Revolutions within industries
Could this spark a different world

Lives lost, money lost
Gatherings burnt into oblivion
Media frenzy makes us further compliant
Safety in the individual

What of the lone wolf?
Walking distantly towards its next meal
Driven by genetic goals
His tail yearning to find another

"My child is hungry"
"My husband is not home"
"My mother hasn't returned"
United in a single need for self-preservation

Broken bonds reform
Bright eyes sleep in
Adventure is in surviving
Frugally, we must save each other

Bram Stoker
Oh what a prophecising man
Foreseeing along with other
The effects of evolution and love

Same faces become new
Same feelings, best with some stew
Hiding like prey
Boost is the secret to our immunity?

Evolving viruses
Unknown causes
Breathing difficulty
Cough cough, headed for doom?

"As the Count leaned over me and his hands touched me... 
a horrible feeling of nausea came over me, which, do what I would, I could not conceal."
Stay home, and do not give permission to enter
Stay safe within

Vampire Virus
Corona Virus
Virus
Looking within?

Blame him,
Blame them
Blame ourselves
Yet somehow survive

Lingering to burst forth
As if trapped like animals
Revenge has sweet nectar
Blood; nectar; sustenance

Hunger and survival
Hunger and survival
Back to basics
Back to being individuals

Comments

  1. The thoughts and words are interwoven so elegantly......it carries courage , truth and pain...so it touched me..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other writings